Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Successful Saturday....

So, we went to the flea market today to sell puppies. This is a new experience for us, but I think all in all, it was a successful one...we met a lot of neat people. We were also able to place two of our puppies into great homes, and that is always exciting! I suppose that made getting up at 5:00 this morning and sitting out in the 100 degree weather for 10 hours worth the sweat....especially since I want to reclaim my living room!

There are a few random things I am going to share with you today, and in no particular order....

First, we have this headboard that I just finished: it's way better up close. I suppose I should add a photo of that, too. I keep looking at it thinking I should paint the rest of it black, but that seems like a lot of work, and probably for not a lot of extra money, so I dunno. I'm pretty sure the artistic part of me will win out, and it will be black before all is said and done. It's cute as can be, even if I do say so myself. I think my all-time favorite commercial is the one where the kid is playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star....and finishes as a concert pianist....I know that's vague. I looked it up once. I'll have to find it and share.

Next, we have "Ruffles". Yes, her name is Ruffles. I mean, really, how is she not perfect in every way? Poor Miss Ruffles has been sitting in the store, taunting me, for a few months now, actually. She's been picked up by many, admired, and returned to her wrought iron holding place, to sit lonely and unloved, waiting for just the right person to come along. Little did we know that we would unite and enjoy our days together for good during all that time! Ladies...when I tell you that something is my favorite....maybe you'll believe me now....she's MINE! :) I was apprehensive, and I had to stuff her full of all of the items that will no doubt abuse her over the next months and years to come, just to make sure she was perfect for me....and she was. I'm delighted to call her mine! This is when she was enjoying her first outting with me...a trip to take the father-in-law to Vanderbilt. Isn't she loverly? Yeah, I think so, too. She's even better in person.

Today, I created this whilst not-selling puppies....this shirt is green stripedy and perfect in every way, my favorite NY&Co shirt...the City Stretch button-up. The only problem is my big self can't wear it any more, and it is a size M, so some lucky soul will be able to purchase this green beauty and wear her with pride....



And there was this oh-so-annoying man next to us that was selling all sorts of stuff, according to him, and rolling in 1,000's of dollars....and he had this book that he gave me when he saw me stitching. He was nice, but listening to him as he yelled...er...talked...ALL DAY LONG to anyone and noone for 10 hours was a bit much, especially when it was to us that he was yapping 99% of the time. Anyways....he gave me this pattern book for afghans, and lucky for me, I have a Mommy-Dearest who is talented that way, and I will be delivering the pattern to her my very self when I pick up my children whom I have dearly missed this week from their week-long mission trip to UMCOR down in LA.


And now, I will leave you with this final thought....choose to be happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really love to hear from our readers, so please say hi, and link us to YOUR blog!