Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh, so very busy!

So much to do...so little time!

Today, I had a "day off". On my day off, I got up at 5:30 and left the house at 7:30 for an 8:30 root canal for the Kevster. That was a three and a half hour procedure, so I got in some sewing time. (I'm looking for the positive here!)

Next, I had to argue with the lady who had a skull thicker than the Great Wall of China, and I still got nowhere. We still have a car that is not licensed, and she was absolutely no help in solving the problem I had in getting it fixed. Good thing the neighbor, who happened to once be the owner, was happy to help...we'll see how that goes.

OH...I forgot to say that while we were an hour away from home in said "new car" that no one told me the gas hand floated badly...and if you think you have a quarter of a tank of gas, you really don't. You really have none. I've *never* ran out of gas! Ever! But I did today, and I thought I had a quarter of a tank. Good thing my son and his hefty muscles were present...he had to push the car quite a ways and it just so happened that we coasted it into a church parking lot, and the nice people there were able to help me. Whew. At least it was us, and not Kate on her way home from work at 1:00 a.m. so I won't complain.

Next, we had to go and get shelving for our Butter Churn room...shelving that we were to actually pick up yesterday, and had the day set aside for, only the person that we were to get it from, even though we had prior plans, didn't bother to get in touch with me, and I happened to catch her today...so we went there when we got back from the other excursion. Again, good thing I had my Kevy boy and his muscles, because he was able to help move all the shelving and drag it up 2 flights of stairs to my third-floor room...and that was no small feat, my friends. He is such a good kid...he wouldn't let me help him with the very heavy one, and Michael came to the rescue...twice. Gotta love good neighbors...wow...second time I've said that today!

I was able to spend about 2 hours in my room at the Butter Churn, and oh, what a difference that time made! I need to spend a day there, grouping things together, playing, and rearranging, but it will have to wait now until my next "day off"....but I am excited for the new amount of room and space it has allowed me to have for extra things. Now, to get there and play! It already looks so different, though....I'm really excited.

Tonight when I got home, I ended up having to deliver some things to a lady I was supposed to be helping sell some things on Craig's List or Local Sales, but she sold them, so I had to take them back to her. The flip side of dragging myself back out of the house again was stopping and venting a little at a friend who always listens, seeing some sweet little boys who gave me hugs, albeit a bit unwillingly, and creating her "new" kitchen in my head while we talked. She's so good for me...and to think of how we came to be friends....that's another blog post in and of itself.

When I got home (again), I was able to get some pillow cases all ribboned up and pretty and priced, and then, as a reward, I put these little lovelies together. They will be making their way to the Churn as well.....aren't they fabulous? I think I shall call it a day....tomorrow will be here early....and I had a lot of attitude adjusting to do....but I think it will come with a good night's sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really love to hear from our readers, so please say hi, and link us to YOUR blog!