Saturday, June 18, 2011

Excitement and Joy

That, my friends, is what I feel when I find a yardsale with a super-great amount of goodness. This morning, I hit the mother load, and OF-COURSE, I was in Pequito....which is a small 2-door Honda Civic. Did I mention small? I want you to know that among other miscellaneous and assundry boxes and bags of things like finials and canisters and spare tires and pillows and...and...and....well, you get the idea, I managed to cram a twin-sized headboard, two HUGE (like 2x3' at least) mirrors, a very vintage wooden high chair (excitement!), a tea kettle, two 11-14-ish vintage photo frames, a planter, two wooden tool caddies, and I don't remember what else. YES. In the civic. And YES. I still fit to drive. (Let's just say that it is a really good thing that I am short and it is normal for me to drive with my knees in the dash anyways.) I have ideas....I have a list of them! I am working hard towards a couple of huge goals, and can't wait to share with you when they are accomplished....stay tuned!


In other news, I know I promised to show you Maybell's relative (1st cousin? sister? I can't remember...) but my computer with her photos is residing right now at Mr. Computer-Fixer's house, and so yeah....that will have to wait. Suspense!


In the mean time, I will leave you with an oldie-but-goody....the first chair I painted, thanks to my very good friend, Cathy. I will be doing a lot more painting ....I'm so very thankful to have that creative outlet to help keep my sanity! I promise to share photos of the motherload soon.....






No comments:

Post a Comment

We really love to hear from our readers, so please say hi, and link us to YOUR blog!