Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Random That Makes Me Me.


I've done this before, but I thought it might be fun to do it again, years later, and compare the randomness that makes up who I am. I did not read the other list I came across, and I won't until I finish this one.

100 Random Facts about Abby

1. Blogging has been hard for me, since switching from the one I used to keep. It's mental, I know,but still, it's been hard.
2. I love color, patterns, and matching those that others would not.
3. I miss scrapbooking, and I think I shall take it back up again soon, especially since I have the room right now at the store to do it.
4. I never in a million thought i would be a store owner.
5. Why I never thought that, I don't know, since everyone I know has always encouraged me to write a book and open a store. Go figure.
6. I would love to write a book...a book about the random things that make up my life.
7. I have a terrible, schmerrible memory, and it gets worse every. single. day. For. REALS.
8. I never thought I would be divorced, and certainly not remarried.
9. I miss my Grandpa Painter and my Gramps very badly, and the older I get, the more I miss them. Same goes for Jason's Mammy and Pa.
10. I wish that my kids had the relationship with my parents that I had with theirs.
11. I'm happy that they do have that sort of relationship with their Nanny and Pa.
12. One of my closest, most-trusted friends is one of my mom's very best friends.
13. I never want a day to go by without talking to all of my kids.
14. I am very sentimental. Always have been, always will be.
15. My feet don't like shoes, so I'm not sure why I own 200+ pair of them.
16. I love makeup and jewelry.
17. I love to dress up, but not since I've gained so much weight.
18. I want to lose the weight again, and I know how, but I don't have the gumption to do it. What's up with that?
19. If I eat sugar and carbs, I *need* more and more of them, and I know that I don't need them...but I eat them anyways....and I *must* stop.
20. I do my best thinking in my sleep.
21. I rarely see things for what they are at surface level. This goes for people as well.
22. I am a GED graduate, and a Masters Degree holder.
23. I love fast cars. I love to hear them, I love to drive them.
24. I love baseball.
25. I love soundtracks, because of the mix of genres of music.
26. I love to hear the piano being played, especially classical music.
27. I love buttons, and I have a button quilt made by an ancestor and it's one of my prized possessions.
28. I do not drink milk, nor will I ever.
29. I have a heart disease, and shouldn't be alive because of it, and I am labeled a "miracle" by my cardiologist group.
30. My sisters are my bestest friends.
31. I will always craft, as long as I can.
32. I fear not being able to use my hands and not being able to see.
33. I'm really quite shy.
34. Teaching is something I do with great confidence, something that God has gifted me with the ability to do.
35. I miss working with delinquents. In a big way.
36. I bit my nails until I was 29, then I quit. I have no idea why.
37. If I can make things into a game, at least in my mind, I am more motivated.
38. If I were single without children, I would be a flight attendant and travel the world and get paid to do it.
39. I LOVE to fly.
40. I'm friendly. I'll talk to anyone.
41. I may appear to be full of strength, but inside, I am a huge coward.
42. I'm good at disguising the coward and the shyness.
43. My all-time favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11, and after that would be Philipians 4:13: I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
44. I love a house with a red door.
45. I've always wanted to own an older, victorian-style house and fix it up.
46. I love to decorate, and could make a living out of it.
47. I also would love to be a personal shopper.
48. I would love to be a life-coach/trainer for women who are trying to make something of themselves and need some help.
49. I love rubber duckies. They make me smile.
50. The word "penis" makes me laugh hysterically. My son knows this and says it randomly just to make me laugh. Wrong, yes. Funny, yes.
51. I love typography and quotes.
52. I want my whole back to be tattooed into a collage of all sorts of images that make up ther person i am.
53. I have two tattooes.
54. I love the smell of leather.
55. I want to go back to school to be a nutritionist so I can council teenagers and others who have Diabetes.
56. I have a personal vendetta agains the aforementioned disease.
57. I love keys and locks, and always will.
58. I love buttercups. They are my all-time favorite-est of all favorite flowers.
59. I love the sunshine, and quotes that are about them.
60. I am an eternal optimist.
61. I love to help others, and wish I could do more along those lines....maybe some day.
62. I love to travel. I'll take anything from a day trip to a vacation...it doesn't matter.
63. I love to drive.
64. I am a good cook, thanks to my mother.
65. I can make the *perfect* cornbread, thanks to my father.
66. I am the gutsiest person I know, or the dumbest. I'm not sure which sometimes.
67. I don't really care what people think of me....except my sisters, my kids, and my parents.
68. I love to see the reactions of people who presume things about me or my family when they find out their presumptions were wrong....or when they can't disguise their surprise.
69. I always love Fred Flintstone and Popeye. I've been married to both. Both have their good qualities, both have their bad.
70. My favorite number is 6.
71. My hands are never ever still. They are always creating, cleaning, making, doing *something*.
72. I love to read.
73. I am a magazine junky.
74. I love strange facts.
75. I love to shop, but only sales, goodwill, and thrift..or yardsales.
76. I've been the fat girl (225 pounds), and the skinny girl (99 pounds), and then the fat girl again (225 pounds) and there are downfalls to both, believe it or not, and neither place is healthy.
77. I'm an all-or-nothing kinda gal. It's jump in head-first, or not at all for me.
78. I have an "off" switch, and when it's been flipped, I'm through with whatever/whoever it is and nothing will change that.
79. I allow myself to be walked all over by giving people more and more chances, but I will stand up for myself at some point, and at that point, you better watch out.
80. I am eternally grateful for so many things.
81. I say "I love you" often, to everyone I love, because I can.
82. I never knew that other kids' dads didn't tell them that they loved them, and I'm really glad mine did...it's made a difference in others' lives. (Thanks, Dad.)
83. I feel guilty about some things that I choose to keep to myself, and nothing will ever change that.
84. I have distinctly lead two different lives. I have only a handful of people that were in my old life that are in my new life.
85. If you've only known me in one life and not the other, you'll never ever understand me. (That's OK, I don't care).
86. I *love* peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and my kids swear mine are better than anyone else's.
87. Every time I eat a bowl of cereal, I think of my childhood best friend, who loved cereal so much.
88. I never thought I would be me, where I am, living the life I live, not even if I had the imagination of Walt Disney.
89. This quote is what gave me the strength to change my life in a "forever" sort of way: Today is the first day of the rest of my life...I'm alive and well....
90. I've been given many "chances" at life, so I'm trying to glorify God with the life I live, since He has seen fit to keep me around so many times.
91. I love the smell of fresh dirt...it reminds me of being in the garden with my Gramps, followingn along behind him with my coffee can, looking for worms.
92. I am a girly girl, but not so much, really.
93. I don't like water or being wet. At. All.
94. I choose to be happy; I choose not to dwell upon things that have happened that I can't change.
95. I believe that while we should learn from the past, we should leave the past in the past, and concentrate on a bright and sunny future.
96. I believe that if we are not here to help others, then what are we here for?
97. I am a really good speller, but I hate crossword puzzles, or any puzzle, for that matter, except I can get a word search done in record time.
98. I believe that with enough hard work and effort, anyone can be anything they want to be.
99. I also believe that if I treat others as if they were what they should be, they will rise to those expectations. On the flip side, I believe that if others are treated in a negative way, without believe for a bright future, that they will love down to those expectations.
100. I'm a super good judge of character.
And, for good measure:101: I can write things better than I can say them.

I think I could keep going.....but first, it's your turn to tell me something about YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really love to hear from our readers, so please say hi, and link us to YOUR blog!